Flexsource is currently hiring for an Inventory and Stock Controller based in Dublin 7
· Ensuring best practice is used in the handling of all materials in all cases using approved manual handling techniques and taking cognisance of the health and safety of staff and patients.
· Ensure that all departments are efficiently and effectively serviced.
· Replenish stocks in designated departments to agreed stock levels.
· Assist in requisitioning of non-stock items as agreed with department management and stock management.
· Advise manager of inappropriate holding levels
· Complete requisitions for the amount of stock required, maintaining quantities and stock at maximum agreed levels.
· Ensure storage areas in designated departments are kept in proper condition in terms of hygiene, cleanliness, security and health and safety.
· Receive, check and data entry of goods through goods inward.
· Ensure that copies of externally signed delivery dockets for non-stock items are filed in a proper manner for ease of retrieval where necessary.
· Transport goods to appropriate departments and designated storage locations.
· Ensure products stored in correct allocated locations in a safe and secure manner.
· Ensure all special storage requirements are adhered to and stock is regularly rotated.
· Notify suppliers of all delivery discrepancies or short expiry dates and deal with them in an appropriate manner.
· Handle returns to stores following relevant procedures.
· Data entry including issuing of stock, despatch notes, returns, etc.
· Liaise with suppliers and other staff throughout the hospital.
· Pick goods to fill requisitions from warehouses.
· Ensure that the correct goods and quantities of goods are picked as per requisition.
· Under the direction of the Senior Stock Controller/Warehouse Supervisor carry out warehouse cycle counts.
· Under the direction of the Senior Stock Controller/Warehouse Supervisor carry out internal and external stock counts.
· Co-operate with the planning and execution of storage relocation as required.
· Collection of all containers/pallets including the segregation of packaging materials for recycling/return. Disposal of all waste from different stores locations.
· Inform Senior Stock Controller/Warehouse Supervisor of stock requirements or discrepancies identified.
· Participate in the training of newly appointed staff.
· Perform other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time.
· Represent the department and MMUH in a professional and responsible manner
· Show initiative to progress and develop within the role
· Support management in change management
· Assisting in the development and implementation of new logistics service functions within designated departments.
· Co-operate with the development and implementation of new technology within the Procurement & Logistics function including but not limited to bar code scanners, computer and other technologies for ordering, receipt and issuing of goods in line with department policy.
· These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and can be reviewed and amended by management at any time during the course of employment. The role may develop over time and the incumbent will be informed of any changes which may occur with adequate notice
The person appointed will work a 35 hours week over six days (Monday to Saturday) between the hours of 7.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. according to the needs of the Procurement and Logistics Department.
Organisational skills and flexibility
- Ability to organise daily duties
- Flexibility is critical to this role
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Punctuality and Time Keeping is critical