HGV Class 2 Cylinder Driver: Temporary ongoing starting ASAP to March 2024
Location: Airport West, Belfast, BT3 (Close to George Best City Airport)
The Job (Principal Accountabilities / Main Functions):
- Delivery of cylinders on multi-drop routes to meet customer requirements.
- Rotating stock at customer storage cages and replacing empty cylinders with full cylinders.
- Recording accurately with handheld device (or paper dockets if needed) all necessary cylinder delivery data, i.e. stock counts before & after delivery, cylinders delivered, cylinders collected, faulty cylinders uplifted, pallets delivered and/or collected and storage cage details on site.
- Checking pigtails for wear and tear and replacing safely where necessary at end user customers.
- Connecting cylinders safely at End user Customer premises where required to do so.
- Processing delivery dockets together with route sheet and receipts/recording payments.
- Manual vehicle stock checks each morning and recording and balancing stock accurately.
- Carry out vehicle pre-move and pre-start checks as per legal requirements.
- Report accidents, incidents, near misses and defective equipment to the Team Leader as soon as they occur, as well as any unsafe conditions or dangerous sites.
- Use defensive driving techniques and adherence to the rules of the road at all times as well as all other necessary legal requirements, for example, Driver’s Hours Regulations.
- Operate equipment, e.g. tail/side lifts and rider operated trucks as trained & instructed to do so.
- Follow procedures as laid out in the Driver’s hand book and Health & Safety booklet.
- Flexible working arrangements in line with Drivers Hours Regulations.
- Any other duties requested in line with Team leader and Company objectives.
- Hold a valid, full clean driving licence appropriate up to Category C (HGV 2)
- Hold a valid ADR Certificate in packaged goods for flammable gases – category 2.
- To hold an up to date CPC card.
- Health and safety, awareness, including manual handling knowledge essential.
- Flexible in working patterns and positive attitude in line with Drivers Hours Regulations.
- Customer focused with a proven track record in dealing and interacting with people in a positive and professional manner.
- General good level of health & fitness.
Interested? Next steps are:
Please apply with your CV via the link. For further information please contact Shauneen McCrisken on 02890 725679